is a SoftwareComponent?
that is accessible at some location, usually on the Internet or a LAN, and provides a service to a client, as opposed to a SoftwareComponent?
installed on a local computer.
Standard for invoking WebServices
- Service Oriented Architecture?
- WSCC -- Web Services Competence Center
News, information, communities
The endless struggle for perfect teminology (preface to the second edition, page xvii):
- "A service is an instance-level concept - where such instances can be component instances. These instances are `live` and thus require grounding in concrete hardware, software and organizational infrastructure."
- "I used the term `web service` when referring to a service that is concretely provided"
- "XML web services - a subset of web services that relies on XML as the fundamental representation format"