Software Engineering Literature
This page contains a selection from the software engineering literature and pointers
to sites with useful information. This part of the website is particularly useful if you are
looking for in-depth knowledge of a specific subject.
Handbooks and other reference material
- Jim Davies and Jim Woodcock. Using Z. A downloadable book about the specification language Z. <br/ > Chapters 2 up to 9 deal only with preliminary material, which should be read if you are not at home with sets, predicate logic, relations and functions. Other material needed for the lab assignment will be treated during the lecture.
Other general textbooks
- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr. The Mythical Man-Month. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- Shari Lawrence Pfleeger. Software Engineering. Theory and Practice. Prentice Hall, second edition, 2001.
- Roger S. Pressman. Software Engineering. A practioner's Approach. McGrawHill, fourth edition, 1997.
- Albert Endres and Dieter Rombach. A Handbook of Software and Systems Engineering. Addison Wesley, 2003.
Books about tools
Sub-areas of software engineering