Software Engineering Literature
This page contains a selection from the software engineering literature and pointers
to sites with useful information.
Handbooks and other Reference Material
- Albert Endres and Dieter Rombach. A Handbook of Software and Systems Engineering. Addison Wesley, 2003.
- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr. The Mythical Man-Month. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- Ian Sommerville. Software Engineering. Addison Wesley, Fifth edition, 1995.
- Shari Lawrence Pfleeger. Software Engineering. Theory and Practice. Prentice Hall, second edition, 2001.
- Roger S. Pressman. Software Engineering. A practioner's Approach. McGrawHill, fourth edition, 1997.
Books about Tools
- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr. The Mythical Man-Month, chapters 1--2. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- Mark C. Paulk, Bill Curtis, Mary Beth Chrissis, and Charles V. Weber. Capability Maturity Model, Version 1.1. In _IEEE Software, Vol.~10, No. 4, July 1993, pp. 18--27.
- Kent Beck. Extreme Programming Explained. Addison Wesley, 2000
- Eric S. Raymond. The Cathedral & the Bazaar. O'Reilly, 1999.
- S. I. Feldman. Make --- A Program for Maintaining Computer Programs. In Software --- Practice and Experience, Vol. 9, No. 4, April 1979, pp. 255--265. Revised April 1986.
- Erik H. Baalbergen, Kees Verstoep, and Andrew S. Tanenbaum. On the design of the Amoeba Configuration Manager. In Proc. 2nd Int. Works. on Software Configuration Management, Vol. 17, No. 7 of ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, pp. 15--22, November 1989.
- David MacKenzie and Tom Tromey. GNU Automake (version 1.6.1), April 2002, chapters 1--3.
- Allan Heydon, Roy Levin, Timothy Mann, and Yuan Yu. The Vesta Approach to Software Configuration Management. Compaq Systems Research Center Research Report 168, March 9, 2001. http://www.vestasys.org/.
- Richard S. Hall, Dennis Heimbigner, Alexander L. Wolf. A Cooperative Approach to Support Software Deployment Using the Software Dock. In Proc. Int'l Conf. Software Eng. (ICSE '99), IEEE CS Press, 1999.
- Merijn de Jonge. Source Tree Composition. In Seventh International Conference on Software Reuse, No. 2319 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 2002.
- Chris Luer. Composition Environments for Deployable Software Components. Technical Report #02-18, Department of Information and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, August 2002.
Verification and Validation
- Adam Porter, Harvey Siy, and Lawrence Votta. A Review of Software Inspections In Marvin Zelkowitz, editor, Software Process, volume 42 of Advances in Computers. Academic Press, 1996.
- Charles Krueger. SoftwareReuse in ACM Computing Surveys, June 1992, pages 131-183.
Security and reliability
Experimental Research in Software Engineering
- GPL, OpenSource, ASP (.NET, leasing), Share/Freeware/PD
- Patent and other legal issues