Implementation Of Programming Languages Notes
IPT focusses on the translation of programs to their executable equivalent. However, this is considered to be a special case of a more general problem "Syntax Directed Translation" where the calculation of some value is driven by text complying to some syntax. The special case of program compilation also requires the coverage of specific topics related to program compilation, such as code generation for a machine model. Type checking and inferencing is also covered but this is also seen as a special case of global analysis.
- Compilation and interpretation
- Usage of parsercombinators for writing compilers
- Compositional programs and Attribute Grammars
- Stackmachines and the mapping of language constructs to a stackmachine
- Static analysis: scope, binding, type
- Type checking and type inference
- CompilerBouw? (long ago)
- Evolved as part of the a series of courses: FunctionalProgramming? , GrammaticasEnOntleden? , ...