- Design Patterns Explained Alan Shallowoy and James R. Trott. Addison Wesley
- This is the main book used in the course. You should be able to find a copy online through Google Scholar.
- Applying UML and patterns Craig Larman. Pearson Custom Publishing
- This book has a lot of information about object oriented analysis, writing use cases, requirements engineering, and the Unified Process. We will (very roughly) cover the first sixteen chapters in the first weeks.
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler
- I mentioned this book in the lecture on Refactoring. I think it's a good book to read for anyone who wants to improve their programming skills.
Other reading material
You can find previous exams and possible answers below. Note that the course material has changed this year!