- Static analysis including:
- type and effect systems for (lazy) functional languages
- feedback oriented static analysis with a focus on functional languages
- type error diagnosis for EDSLs
- soft typing for dynamic languages
- Also involved in two research projects: Future Internet Testing on testing and ServiciFi on software analysis in the context of SOA
- The Helium compiler
- Switching classes: a sideline from my Ph D period. As a result of that work, my Erdös number is three. My dream is to play in a movie alongside Kevin Bacon.
- Some hobbies:
- plagiarism detection with Marble
- project DOMain-Specific Type Error Diagnosis (DOMSTED), one Ph D student in the NWO Free Competition (round Autumn 2012).
- project Higher-Ranked Polyvariance Explored, one Ph D student in the NWO Free Competition (round Autumn 2011). Appointed PhD student is Ruud Koot.
- project on Future Internet Testing, accepted 2010 (together with Wishnu Prasetya and many others). One PhD student and a scientific programmer on log-based testing (Ph D candidate Alexander Elyasov).
- project on Service Extraction from Decomposed Software Monoliths in the Financial Domain (ServiciFi) (NWO Jacquard 5th round, 2010). Two Ph D students, supervised together with Slinger Jansen. (Ph D candidates Amir Saeidi and Ravi Khadka).
- project on Scriptable Compilers (NWO Open Competition Spring 2004)
Current and future activities
Here are some of my older activities.
In my work I collaborate with the following people, universities, institutes and companies
I am the main responsible for
In course year 2012/13 I am also involved in
I assist students in preparing for their colloquium talk, do an Experimentation Project, or do a Master project.
I have been involved in numerous other courses. Here is an overview.
I am currently member of the following (inter)national committee(s):
I am currently member of the following local committee(s):