What you should know for the exam
During the exam no books or other material may be used, so you know the following topics:
- Requirements analysis, use cases, class diagrams, and other UML diagrams.
- The material from the book which has been dealt with during the lectures, of which the most important are:
- Object oriented design principles and design patterns;
- The skills to design and analyze.
- Any other topics covered during the lectures.
- To be continued...
Although English is used throughout the course and exam you are not required to use English in your answers to the exam.
Preparing for the mid-term exam
The material covered in the midterm exam will be:
- Larman: Chapters 1-7. 10-13. 15-19.
- Design patterns Explained: Chapters 1-10.
- The slides.
There will be no questions about refactoring or unit testing, beyond the material covered on the slides. In particular, you do not need to read Martin Fowler's Refactoring book.
The lecture on Wednesday 12 Dec will be used to review the material that we have covered so far, help you revise, and answer any questions regarding the material that you might have.
You can download the various parts of the mid-term exam here:
The material covered in the final exam will be:
- Larman: Chapters 1-7. 10-19.
- Design patterns Explained: Chapters 1-25.
- The slides.
There will be no questions about refactoring, unit testing, or design by contract, beyond the material covered on the slides. In particular, you do not need to read Martin Fowler's Refactoring book.
- 28 Sep 2012