Welcome to the ESAW 2009 website!
The 10th Annual International Workshop "Engineering Societies in the Agents' World" (ESAW 2009) will be held at Utrecht University, The Netherlands on the 18th, 19th, and 20th of November 2009.
Following successful editions since 2000, the 10th edition of ESAW remains
committed to the use of the notion of multi-agent systems as seed for animated,
constructive, and highly inter-disciplinary discussions about technologies,
methodologies, and tools for the engineering of complex distributed applications.
While the workshop places an emphasis on practical engineering issues and
applications, it also welcomes theoretical, philosophical, and empirical
contributions, provided that they clearly document their connection to the core
- The ESAW 2009 best paper award was won by Ilker Yildirim, Oya Aran, Pinar Yolum, and Lale Akarun for their contribution Cooperative Sign Language Tutoring: A Multiagent Approach.
The ESAW 2009 best demo award was won by Jordi Campos, Marc Esteva, Maite López-Sánchez, and Javier Morales for their contribution An Organizational Adaptation Simulator for P2P Networks.
- HART 2009 (Human-Agent-Robot Teamwork Workshop) is co-located with ESAW 2009 and will take place on Saturday, 21st November 2009. For more information and link to registration to this event, please follow the link to the event. [10-09-2009]
- The registration to ESAW 2009 has been openend and Accommodation page added. Early-bird registration will run until October 16th. [09-09-2009].
- IMPORTANT NEWS: The date of the acceptance notification of papers has changed, please check the dates for up to date information.
- Paper deadline extension: submission of papers is extended to Wednesday June 17.
- We are pleased to announce that the invited speakers for the 10th edition of ESAW will be Rosaria Conte and Jacques Ferber.
- Call for papers added [27-03-2009].
- Paper submission deadline changed! [26-03-2009].
- New website launched [20-02-2009].