To be allowed to start with the thesis project, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have written a paper and given a presentation for the Computing Science
- You must have attended at least 25 Computing Science colloquia
(of the 30 required in total).
- You have obtained at least 67.5 ECTS (i.e. a maximum of 7.5 ECTS
and possibly the 5 ECTS
for the colloquium is still to be obtained).
Before starting your thesis project you need to fill in this form . Go to a Student Advisor so that he/she can verify that you indeed meet the condition (see above) to start. Then you can bring the form to
our Students Administration Desk.
Other useful information
- If you want to take a look at master theses from the past: here
Procedures around the completion of your project
- Reserve time and location where you will defend your thesis. Contact a CS Colloquium coordinator; he/she can make the reservation for you, and will also announce it in the CSC mailing list. Your defense will be 60 minutes long; 45 minutes for your presentation, and the last 15 minutes for questioning.
- After you get your grade, ask your supervisor to send the grade, the date when you are declared to have completed your project (which is just the date when you get the grade), and the exact title of your thesis to the Students Administration Desk.
- You also need to deliver a pdf of the final version of your thesis. Don't forget this, because this is a requirement before you can graduate! Your title page should contain the name of our institution, and a thesis number (= ICA-yourstudentnumber). Send the pdf to our Student Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), and another copy to Wishnu Prasetya (email@example.com).
- After you get your grade (or before, if you are very close to completion, and are sure of your schedule; please consult your supervisor), register for your "examination". This means that you now officially request to the Examination Board to approve you for your master certificate. The procedure for this is here (involves filling in another form).