|Website:||website containing additional information|
|History:||This course was formerly known as Virtual worlds (INFOVW). You can only do one of these courses.|
|Period:||periode 4 (week 17 t/m 27, dwz 21-4-2014 t/m 4-7-2012; herkansing week 34)
|Participants:||up till now 2 subscriptions|
|Schedule:||Note: from now on the schedule is to be found in Osiris|
|week: 27||ma 30-6-2014||8.30-11.30 uur||zaal: EDUC-GAMMA|
|Nota bene:||Er is geen recente vakbeschrijving beschikbaar.|
Onderstaande tekst is een oude vakbeschrijving uit collegejaar 2012/2013
|Contents:||The first three lectures will be dedicated to the essential physics for game developers. Therefore the typical high school mathematics knowledge is highly recommended to attend this course. You can get an idea of the required knowledge by checking out the Elementary Math for GMT course.
Prior following (and success) of the GMT Master courses Computer Animation and Motion and Manipulation will come handy.
The prior knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (preferably C++) is required for the practical assignment.
The learning goals of the course include the following acquisitions of knowledge and academic skills:
- the essential physics for game developers
- rigid body physics
- numerical integration methods
- collision detection and collision resolution
- soft body physics
- physics engine design and implementation
- overview of recent trends in game physics research
- critical assessment of research papers
- practical implementation of physics concepts
- written and oral presentation of third-party and self works
There is no mandatory book or reader for this course. A list of useful resources is provided in addition to the lecture notes and exercises.
- Lectures with exercises (9x)
- Individual study presentations (6x)
- Group assignment presentations (2x)
- Written exam (1x)
|Exam form:||The final grade is calculated as follows, where A is the grade for the practical assignment, S is the grade for the individual study and E is the grade for the written exam.
MGP = ( A + S + E ) / 3 |
|Minimum effort to qualify for 2nd chance exam:||Om aan de aanvullende toets te mogen meedoen moet de oorspronkelijke uitslag minstens 4 zijn.|