Research assignment: research topic
Note that the presentation sessions are mandatory.
List of topics:
- Work individually
- Select three topics from the list below or suggest your own topic
and fill out this form.
- Assignment of topics will be published at this webpage.
- Collect information and at least 3 scientific papers (this is excluding
wikipedia) on your topic. Instead of a scientific paper, text books of lecture
notes might also be used.
- Study the material. Focus on
simulation models, simulation experiments, and the relation of these models
to the models discussed during the lectures.
- Prepare and give a presentation of 15 minutes
- Before the presentation sessions: Used information and papers together with
the presentation have to be handed in through submit.
- Two fellow students and the session chair will fill out a review form.
- Criteria for grading the presentation are:
- Structure of the presentation
- Clearness of the presentation
- Complexity and depth of the material
- Information on simulation models
- Relation to the course material
- Understanding of the material shown by the presenter
- Presence mandatory
- You are only allowed to give a presentation if you have handed in the
Simulation Assignment and particpated in the written exam.
- Any topic you suggest
- Cellular automata and simulation
- Parallel and distributed simulation
- Petri nets
- Continuous simulation
- Simulation-based planning
- Simulation on graphs
- Simuation and smart grids
- Simulation models for intelligent agents
- Simulation and energy markets
- Simulation for large infra-structure projects
- Simulation to analyze or prevent disasters
- Simulation for maintenace planning
- Simulation in distribution logistics
- Simulation in manufacturing
- Simulation in agricultural application
- Simulation for financial markets
- Simulation in economics
- Simulation in public transport (rail, bus, aircraft) may be split
- (Road) Traffic flow simulation
- Climate and simulation
- Simulation in telecommunication or computer networks!! (wired)
- Simulation on wireless networks
- Simulation of hospital logistics
- Simulation for forecasting (outbreaks of) diseases