Lecture March 27
1. Knowledge Infrastructure for Method (Sjaak Brinkkemper)- Audio
2. Software Operation Data Mining (Stella Pachidi)- Audio
1. Weerd, I. van de, Versendaal, J., Brinkkemper, S. (2006). A product software knowledge infrastructure for situational capability maturation: Vision and case studies in product management. Proceedings of the Twelfth Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ'06), Luxembourg, 97-112.
2. Pachidi,S., & Spruit,M. (2012). Mining Performance Knowledge in User Logs. Proceedings of the 5th World Summit on the Knowledge Society (pp. Paper 47). WSKS 2012, June 20-22, 2012, Rome, Italy. [pdf]
Workshop March 27
Group 1 (Karl): BBL-103 CLZ
Group 2 (Rick): BBL-106 CLZ
Group 3 (Eric): BBL-112 CLZ
Lecture March 29 NO LECTURE
Assignment week 12 & 13
The objective of the draft paper assignment is to create the draft of your paper. This draft paper consists of the work you have done in the previous assignments, improved by the processed feedback on these assignments. In addition, we also want you to include a template of the deliverable that you explain in your example. These templates should be saved in MS Office 97-2003 format. Examples of templates are: a requirements prioritization matrix in Excel, the structure and layout of a marketing plan in Word, or the outline of a use case table in Word.
The draft paper must include the following parts:
- An introduction (see Method description assignment)
- An example (see Method description assignment).
- A section in which you describe the process by including the PDD (see Meta-modeling assignment). Also, include an explanation and the activity and deliverable tables. Do not simply put a diagram in your paper without any text.
- A related literature section (see Method description assignment)
- Appendix with template (only in the Word/pdf file, not in Twiki)
Include the template as an appendix in your Word/pdf file and make a proper reference to it. In the Twiki, upload the template and make a link to it from your example and the concerning concept in your concept table.
We repeat the following constraints:
- Focus on the overall method and techniques of your subject.
- All texts must be your own! Citations with less than 150 words with a proper reference are allowed. However, be very restrictive and use this only to support the main text.
- Write neutral and informative texts. Do not include any commercial material or texts.
- No scanning of material in books or articles. Make all figures yourself!
- All figures must be explained properly.
Before March 28, 17.00h you have to:
- Update the text of your Method Engineering Wiki. Make sure to attach your paper as a PDF or Word file to your Wiki, so that your peer reviewers can easily download and print your paper.
- Submit your draft version in Ephorus as well.
Please note that this deadline is very strict. Failing to upload your work in time, will result in the deduction of one point per day from your mean deliverable grade, starting on March 28, 17.00.