To pass the course, your unrounded
exam grade has to be at least 5.
The exam is without any book or other reading material. If necessary,
statistical tables will be given to you at the exam. You are
allowed to use a calculator.
Tips for the exam:
- Covers all material discussed in the lectures.
- You also have to know the written material on validation, i.e. the parts of Chapter 5, Law that
are published on the course website
- You do not have to know formulas of specific distributions, except for uniform, exponential, geometric, binomial
- Make sure you know how to use a statistical table
- You are not required to be able to apply the simplex method.
- Make sure that you are able to write down a complexity proof accurately
- To give an NP-completeness proof, you have to be able to select a problem to reduce from out off a list of given NP-complete problems.
Some previous exams from the course INFOSIM are below.
Good luck in the preparation!