Assignment 8: Implement the game
The final assignment is to implement the designed game.
In this assignment you must implement the game you designed in the previous assignments and documented in the design document. As already described the game should be a RPG or Adventure game, consisting of at most 4 levels. One level should be an introduction or tutorial level.
The game should be implemented in Game Maker.
Implement all aspects of the game in Game Maker. Make sure that the game does not contain any bugs.
Handing in the assignment
You can create the game in either Dutch or English.
If there are any questions or problem regarding the submission please contact Arno Kamphuis (email@example.com).
The game (executable AND source) should be handed in on DVD in the mailbox of Arno Kamphuis in BBL (5nd floor, north-side, room next to the elevator). Your names and student numbers should be clearly written on the frontside of the DVD. There should be a sleeve or box in which the DVD resides. The sleeve or box should look nice, and be well designed related to the game.
The mark for your game implementation will primarily be based on the following elements:
- Elements of the game (20 points). Are all elements described in the design document implemented in the game?
- AI (10 points). Do the computer controlled entities behave consistently with respect to the setting? Is the behavior unpredictable enough (or is predictability a game feature)?
- User Interface (10 points). Is there help information in the game itself? Is the game explained (interaction, etc)?.
- Graphics and Sound (10 points). Does the graphics fit the game? Are the sounds and graphics consistent?
- Implementation (40 points). Does the game crash? Are there noticable programming mistakes?
- Design of the DVD sleeve/box (10 points) Is the DVD box or sleeve well designed? Does it look nice?
We will not judge documents which
- does not run immediately
- are handed in after the deadline
- contain more than 2 spelling/grammar errors per 500 words
- are in plain text
- are not in the PDF file format
For questions about the assignment, please contact Arno Kamphuis (firstname.lastname@example.org)