Assignment 3: Create the final concept
The third assignment is to select one of the five concepts and develop this concept further, and to describe it in a concept document.
You will elaborate on one of the five concepts from the previous assignment. The aim is that you describe this concept in a concept document. This concept document is a more elaborate executive summary, basically covering the same issues but in more detail.
The first thing to do is select one of the concepts. You should think carefully on which of the concepts you want to choose. Choosing the concept can be done on several criteria. For example, is it possible to develop the concept in a relatively short time span? Or, the target audiences will like certain features which is present in one of the concepts. But there are many, many more reasons for selecting a concept. Please do this very carefully. Use the reasons for selecting the final concept as input for extending the concept description. For example, one could put more focus on the things the target audience would like in the final game. Do not forget that it is allowed (and sometimes pretty handy) to include some of the powerful properties from the other non-selected concepts into the final concept.
Once you selected the concepts, and elaborated on it, you can finalize the concept by writing the concept document. Please use the same structure as the executive summary, but put all of the details in the concept.
Handing in the assignment
The concept document should consist of no more than 1500 words. Please remember to put the five executive summaries at the end of this report. These executive summaries should not consist of more than 250 words each.
Please make sure that the documents look very nice. Handing in a simple text file (ascii) is not permitted.
You can write it either in Dutch or in English.
If there are any questions or problem regarding the submission please contact Arno Kamphuis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A single PDF file containing the concept document AND all five executive summaries should be submitted before the deadline using the Submit system.
The mark for your final concept will primarily be based on the following elements:
- Are all points described? (40 points)
- Is there evidence for a careful selection process, and what is the quality of this selection? (20 points)
- Is there more detail in the document with respect to the original executive summary? (20 points)
- Is the concept original and is there a good chance that this will be a great game? (10 points)
- Design of the documents (10 points). You get 10 points for the design of the documents.
We will not judge documents which
- have more than the stated number of words for each element
- are handed in after the deadline
- contain more than 2 spelling/grammar errors per 500 words
- are in plain text
- are not in the PDF file format
For questions about the assignment, please contact Arno Kamphuis (email@example.com).